I have read countless of stories and experiences of people who are languishing in sorrow, pain, unforgiveness and hatred because their spouse cheated on them. The list is endless. In all these things I discovered something, the people who feel cheated don’t understand why they are cheated on and couldn’t find solution to the problem. They see it naturally and are blinded spiritually.
Now let me tell you why your spouse cheats on you.
* Your spouse cheats on you not because your spouse derives joy in doing it but because your spouse’s love has waxed cold (Matthew 24:12). The way your spouse sees you has diminished. The light of the love has dimmed completely.
* Your spouse cheats on you because your spouse is possessed by the spirit of sexual immorality. When such spirit possesses your spouse anybody is good for sex. Your spouse is controlled by lust like Samson (Judges 16:1).
* There is probability that your spouse is under a spell, charm or satanic influence. Someone can cast spell on your spouse to abandon you and go after them. You see your spouse as deliberately cheating on you but you never knew your spouse is influenced by powers beyond him.
* Your spouse cheated on you because you no longer satisfy your spouse sexually. Due to quarrels, job stress, lack of sexual urge towards your spouse can cause cheating. You give a lot of reasons why sex should wait for another time.
* Your spouse must have come from a family of cheats. The parents cheated on each other. The brothers and sisters cheated on their spouses. So, your spouse grew to emulate them thinking that cheating is fun.
* Your spouse cheated on you because there were strings of former relationships that were not properly disengaged. Your spouse still have affairs at your back even after marriage. Your spouse still prefer having sexual intimacies with them because your spouse’s mind is divided.
* Your spouse cheated on you because you no longer dress attractive. There is no longer sense of body check and communication. No intimacy and heart to heart talk. When your spouse tries to discuss sensitive matters you don’t tend to get it. Your spouse decides to get the fun outside.
* You always disrespect and disregard your spouse both in private and in public. You criticize your spouse in front of friends and family members. Before you know it, the secretary at the office becomes a companion and one thing will lead to another.
* Your spouse cheated on you because you left those things that kept the love alive, it faded away. No more gifts, surprises, spending holidays together, love words and mutual understanding. There was nothing interesting in the marriage anymore. Your spouse became tempted to look for satisfaction outside.
* Your spouse cheated on you because your marriage was not based on godly foundation. You people met in a night club or in all those ungodly parties, how do you think your spouse will not cheat on you? Your spouse believes you are equally cheating even when there is no evidence.
* You and your spouse are not spiritually inclined in God. Your spouse lacks the fear of God. You thought that over time your spouse will come over it but you were mistaken. You married your spouse out of sentiments.
* Your spouse cheated because there was no self control. Everyone is tempted by selfish desires but the ability not to fall into such temptation is by not dwelling on the thoughts for so long.
* Your spouse cheated on you because biologically your spouse has a high level of sexual hormones. It makes your spouse have sexual urge all the time and if not controlled makes your spouse cheat on you.
Your spouse is addicted to pornography and you cared less about it. Any time your spouse feels aroused by such negative visuals there is tendency to get satisfaction from outside. Pornography kills marriage.
I must say that these reasons I spoke about may be unlimited but no matter the reason there is no excuse to infidelity. When you cheat on your spouse your marriage is at risk.
The truth is that those who cheat are equally cheating themselves. Cheating affects both parties. When you cheat you attract demons to your marriage, why? A demon is behind every sexual promiscuity.
Probably you have cheated your spouse knowingly or unknowingly, it’s time to make amendments with God. Pray to God to give you the grace to be faithful in your marriage and in Him. God bless you.