Christmas has come and gone, I know some people are still basking in its euphoria. Some celebrated it religiously, some celebrated it by buying gifts, Christmas trees, visiting friends, having fun, some took it as a time for sober reflection, some have no business with Christmas, some attended church service on that day for the first time this year while some decided not to notice whether Christmas occurred or not. That’s OK but there are things you don’t actually know about Christmas.
Matthew 2:2 says, “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him”.
* How and why did the wise men travel a long distance with so much assurance of Jesus’ birth? It is because the wise men were sure of what they came for, they knew He is the King of the Jews, they came to worship Him. They knew Him by revelation and never doubted themselves. Even when they were unbelievers they knew what the believers never knew. Christmas means a time to be sure of who you are in Christ, a time to know Him and a time to worship Him by revelational knowledge.
* The question is: how did they all know these things? The wise men are from Arabia and Arabians understand times and season like the sons of Issachar. I will show you. The wise men came from Arabia, Herod who wanted Jesus dead is from Arabia, the chief priests and scribes who Herod inquired of Jesus in Matthew 2:4 were from Arabia, Egypt as a nation which was where they took Jesus to migrated from Arabia, Balaam who prophesied about the Star of Jesus in Numbers 24:17 is from Arabia. Arabians are great scholars, they study books. Christmas means understanding the times and season of Christian life by studying the Scripture.
* How did the wise men know what gifts to bring which was symbolic to Jesus’ life on earth? Gold means Jesus was rich from birth; meaning Jesus was a millionaire from birth. Gold was expensive as of that time. Frankincense means Jesus has a good smell of salvation. Myrrh means embalming Him with greatness even when His death wasn’t near. I want to let you know that the wise men were rich men who understood by prophetic studies that a gift makes a way for a man and brings him before great men (Proverbs 18:16). The Arab nation is very rich till today. Christmas means being rich and a time to show what you symbolize in Christ.
* Why was Jesus born in Bethlehem? Bethlehem means house of bread. It means He was born into His mandate. Jesus is the Bread of life (John 6:33,35,48). He knows where the bread is and came to share it to us. The Spiritual Bread manifested in Him. Christmas means knowing the good Bread to eat. If you eat the wrong bread you lose eternal life.
* Innocent babies were killed by Herod just because of Jesus, why? Before salvation will come somebody need to pay the price. Innocent blood were shed for an Innocent Blood of Jesus to live. Just like the apostles paid with their blood for the word of God to spread. Just like the blood of babies that was shed when Moses was born (Exodus 1:22). Christmas means understanding the Blood that was shed for you and for many (Matthew 26:28).
If you have celebrated Christmas without knowledge, then, I think you should celebrate it again with all sense of urgency and truth. Shalom.