It’s a new year and I know you must have written a list of what you want to achieve this year. There is nothing wrong with that but something will certainly go wrong if you approach this year with the same way you approached last year. For you to achieve this year you have to change your ideology. I will tell you 18 things you must do to succeed.
1. Don’t depend on your new year resolutions, depend on the resolutions of the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:14).
2. Never engage in business or career because of the trust you have for your friends, relations or associates. Engage in it by wisdom and understand every step to take (Proverbs 4:7).
3. Don’t waste your time on people who don’t believe in you because their unbelief will bring hindrance to you. As Jesus never did mighty works in Nazareth because of their unbelief (Matthew 13:58).
4. Separate yourself from those who are perverse, they are obstacles to your destiny (Proverbs 21:8).
5. Give to the poor, less privileged, motherless babies, charity homes. By so doing God will give you what you lack (Proverbs 21:13).
6. In times of trouble stop calling everybody. Call heaven. Call God (Jeremiah 33:3).
7. Subject yourself to a Spiritual father, mentor, trainer or achiever as Joshua submitted to Moses and got to the promised land. Don’t think you know it all (Deuteronomy 34:9).
8. Pray for your friends. It was when Job prayed for his friends that God blessed him (Job 42:10).
9. Sow a seed of faith for the new year. You lack because you don’t sow into the season of life (Ecclesiastics 11:6)
10. As much as people may hurt you, live in peace with all men. The spirit of peace makes a man honorable (Romans 12:18).
11. Help others to achieve their dreams so will your dreams be achieved. Joseph interpreted the dream of Pharaoh and Joseph fulfilled his destiny (Genesis 41:37-45).
12. Do not neglect the gift that is in you. Manifest it, develop it, sharpen it. Your gift is your lift (1 Timothy 4:14)
13. Forget your failures, disappointments and setbacks. Press on and never give up or give in (Philippians 3:13).
14. Read great books of great men. Books of achievers. Study their consistency and boldness, study the Scripture (2 Timothy 2:15).
15. Never underestimate the power of imagination. No matter how big your idea or vision is don’t allow it to intimidate you (Genesis 13:14).
16. Create a group of mastermind alliance. Work with those who have the same vision with you as Jesus had alliance with His disciples to achieve His mission (Matthew 10:1-4).
17. Pray in tongues, pray in the Holy Spirit, pray without ceasing. A closed mouth is a closed destiny (Jude 1:20).
18. The last but not the least; fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man (Ecclesiastics 12:13).
Apply these 18 principles and get 18 results that will change the next 18 years of your life.